InstantPot Easy Apple CrispMar 05, 2021
Ingredients to Coat Apples
- 6 to 10 large apples peeled & cubed into 1-2 inch pieces (Granny Smith work best due to their firmness & sweetness, but you can use whatever you have in the fridge)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (or almond extract)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup water
We also used 1/4 tsp of Magic Mushroom & Plant Protein YourSuper powder in this dish to help with focus and skin health.
Ingredients to Make Topping
- 4 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup flour of choice
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Peel your apples and cut them into 1 to 2-inch pieces. Then combine all the Apple Coating ingredients: cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extra, brown sugar, (optional YourSuperFood powders) in InstantPot. Add water and stir.
- Get an extra bowl to make your crisp topping. Combine melted butter with oats, flour, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Spoon on top of the apple mixture but don't stir it.
- Put on lid of Instant Pot and set on HIGH PRESSURE for 3 minutes. When done, use a QUICK RELEASE.
- You can serve right away or transfer to a bake-safe dish and broil for 4-5 minutes to add more of a crisp. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream while warm.
*Add Amazon Link for Measuring Spoon & Cup Set Here
For more recipes join me in my FREE FACEBOOK GROUP,The Thunderbird Farm Hand-Crafted.