InstantPot Best Baked ZitiMar 05, 2021
- 1 package Italian Sausage, remove meat from casing
- 2 tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 jar of your favorite Marinara Sauce
- 2 cups Water w/ 2 Beef Stock cubes (premade beef stock)
- 2 cups Riccota cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp minced garlic or two cloves
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 8 oz box of favorite Ziti pasta noodle
- Sautè oil, onion, garlic, and sausage in Instant Pot until browned
- Add beef stock and scrape the bottom of the pot to prevent BURN warning during pressure cooking.
- Add your jar of Marinara sauce and add a bit of extra water to get excess out of the jar. Stir.
- Pour your Ziti past on top, DO NOT STIR, press down just to make sure all the noodles are touching the liquid.
- Place lid on your Instant Pot and pressure cook on HIGH PRESSURE with closed valve for 6 minutes. Do a QUICK RELEASE when done. Cover with a thin tea towel so no sauce sprays around your kitchen.
- While cooking noodles, put together your cheese mixture in a separate bowl. Combine ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, parsley, and Italian seasoning. When the quick release is done spoon and mix into pasta. You are ready to serve!
This recipe was a part of a challenge I gave myself to cook in my Instant Pot for 30 days in March of 2021. To see all the recipes, click here.
For more recipes join me in my FREE FACEBOOK GROUP,The Thunderbird Farm Hand-Crafted.